What Customers Say
- Doug Morris did a magnificent job faux painting various rooms in our Scottsdale home. Previously, we had our apartment in New York City faux painted and we wish we had known Doug then! His professionalism and knowledge of his field were evident from the first day, and he translated a concept into a beautiful presentation.
His work was trouble free and we enjoyed his stay in our home very much. Besides being a master at his craft, Doug is as nice a person as he is a great artist.
Needless to say, we recommend him highly.
Joan and David Golding, Desert Highlands, Scottsdale
- We engaged Doug's services to repair our Venetian Plaster wall. Doug came to look at the project and produced samples from memory that matched the wall perfectly. When I saw his attention to detail and his ability to mix color, I knew instantly that he would do an excellent job repairing our wall. Doug used a faux finish that matches the Venetian Plaster perfectly and you can not even tell the difference. Doug is talented, reliable and produces a beautiful finished product. I would recommend him highly.
Tracy Bannon, Tempe
- I can strongly endorse Doug Morris for producing fine decorative work. We completed a home in North Scottsdale in the fall of 1999. We hired Doug to add four quite different design elements to the house, and his work was excellent in every case.
The house attempts to be a true replica of a Tuscan home. It has been published in the Phoenix Home & Gardens, with Doug's work prominently on display.
He created the wall coloring of our guest bath in a deep red that gets wonderful compliments from all visitors.
He hand painted flowers and vines between the beams in our master bedroom
He created ceiling designs for the front porch.
In a piece of master craftsmanship, he painted seven panels in the style of Caravaggio, which we selected, to fill in the seven panels in a broad arch that separates the kitchen from the great room
In each case, Doug worked hard to achieve the "old world" look and feel we were trying to attain. When a surface was not quite perfect, he willingly reworked the final coating. He has great talent and completes his work on time. Both my wife and I strongly endorse him.
Richard Lochridge, Estancia, Scottsdale
- From the first call to see the project to the final product Doug Morris demonstrated the highest caliber of professional artistry and work ethic.
Doug was able to combine our vision of an abstract Mesa Verde National Park wall mural with the detail needed to make us both happy. The mural serves as a backdrop for our Native American woman fountain. The paints he chose to create the image blends perfectly with the rest of our home.
He also had to do some faux painting with a new wall. He had to find the correct shades to blend in with the existing wall. It was so perfectly blended that we couldn't see where the old wall ended and the new wall began.
LeRoy and Jackie Gilbertson, Scottsdale
- I just saw a picture of the work you did. It looks FANTASTIC! Thank you so much. I know it was a bit of a headache dealing with us all the way over here in CA.
Sean Osterday, San Ramon, CA
- The mural is amazing! Thank you!.
Kristine Graham, KAG Design Group, Scottsdale
- We want to thank you so much for the beautiful faux painting you did in our home. We called you because we admired the two powder baths you had completed prior to our buying the house. When we called, we really intended to paint only the library and front entry hall. As you know, we ended up adding the master bedroom suite, hall bath, family room, serving pantry, back entry hall, kitchen and living/dining room! It was addictive.
Once you started we could see the incredible difference the paint finish made to the ambience of the house. Suddenly it was warmer as well as much more defined as a hacienda style. We have had numerous compliments from visitors who just stand in awe trying to absorb the complete feeling the paint has given. It is awesome!
We also appreciate the counsel you gave us regarding color selection. It could not be more perfect.
We respect and admire your professionalism, always arriving when you promised and working unobtrusively all day - even working at times when we were not in town so that things could be completed more quickly.
Thank you so much for helping us make our home spectacular.
Rose Mary & Larry Winget, Paradise Valley
- Thank you! It looks amazing . . .
Pierrette Tierney, Taylor Morrison Builders, Phoenix
High School Mascot Painting
New Way Academy moved to a new facility and wanted a high school mascot painting in t...
Kitchen Bar Front Faux Repair
A kitchen sink leak required this bar front to be replaced. Original faux was an oil ...
Faux Painted Wood Ceiling Beams
Rough finished beams were painted white before it was decided to have them match the ...